UKRA HPR Certification
UKRA operates a HPR certification scheme for UKRA members to demonstrate proficiency and competence in rocketry operations for different rocket motor types and different levels of rocket motor power. Qualification at the various levels of certification also provides UKRA members with access to BMFA insurance cover up to and including motors within their level of certification (providing they follow the UKRA safety code). Senior certification programme (18 years of age and above)
Junior certification programme (12-18 years of age)
The certification rocket must be owned and built by the person performing the flight (the rocket may be scratch built or a kit).
The flight must be successful, including but not limited to:
- The flight must be successful in all stages in flight, including safe ignition, flight, deployment and recovery at all intended points in the flight.
- All parts of the rocket must be recovered substantially intact, with no damage that would prevent a further flight.
- The flight log(s) taken from the avionics must corroborate the flight profile, simulations and expected altitude.
- The flight must be assessed by a current UKRA RSO (current member) able to corroborate the success of the flight.
It is important that a correctly filled out form is submitted to UKRA after a certification attempt. This is the responsibility of the flyer. No certificate or upgraded membership card can be issued until payment and form are received. The Certification Paperwork can be downloaded here, only this form will now be acceptable. Refer to your Members' information pack for detailed certification requirements.
Members of other recognised Rocketry Organisations joining UKRA can do so at a certification level corresponding to their certification level within that organisation. This applies to both permanent and temporary UKRA membership. Proof of current membership and certification level of the recognised rocketry organisation will be required. These organisations also recognise our Senior Level 1 to 3 certifications. UKRA currently recognises the Senior HPR certifications awarded by the following organisations:
- Interessengemeinschaft Modellraketen e.V. (IMR)
- National Association of Rocketry (NAR)
- Tripoli Rocketry Association (TRA)
- Canadian Association of Rocketry (CAR)