Safety Briefing No. 1
Range Safety Officers and Club Officials
When considering the launch of odd rocs and experimental flights extra distance should be used when separating the point of launch and spectators.
A good rule of thumb would be to double the separation distance indicated for the motor class.
Odd Rocs - Any vehicle whose shape is unconventional or dissimilar to a standard rocket shape. Good examples being flying saucers, globes and flying drums / spools.
Experimental Flights - Also known as Research flights, these are any flights involving:-
- liquid propellant engines
- motor(s) above O Class total impulse
- active stabilization techniques
- home designed / built rocket of non-proven design specified by the RSO (or the Safety & Technical Committee)
- rockets containing or constructed of dense, non-deformable materials